Overview and Need to knows
Buying or selling a home normally takes 2 to 3 months. The process can take longer if you’re part of a chain of buyers and sellers.
There are several steps you’ll need to follow:
- sellers must provide an Energy Performance Certificate for the property
- if a seller is using an estate agent, potential buyers must make any offers through the agent
- once a buyer’s offer has been accepted, the seller’s responsible for drawing up a legal contract to transfer ownership
- an offer isn’t legally binding until contracts are exchanged
- depending on the amount given for property, the buyer may have to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax
How much do EPCs cost? It costs between £60 and £120 to get your property on the EPC register. Since costs vary, it is worth shopping around and comparing a few different quotes — as long as you make sure your assessor is registered.
To book your EPC report click on this link https://www.epcregister.com/searchAssessor.html